- EuroLEAN+ Video Series Introduction
EuroLEAN+ Video Series Introduction
Welcome to this series of video lectures on Lean for Customized manufacturing. On these video lectures we will present you different production control methods that are suitable for High-Variety/Low-Volume production environment. Some of the concepts to be explained are: Kanban, Conwip, Copacabana, Polca.
Lean is becoming increasingly more common in low-volume, high-variety production environments (e.g., for customized product manufacturing). Some alternative approaches for “Customized Lean” do exist, but these are far less known. To unify this body of knowledge a transnational approach is required.
The video lectures are given by different people from different universities:
- Ghent University in Belgium
- HAN University in Netherlands
- Osnabrück University in Germany
- NTNU in Norway
- Ghent University in Belgium
- Introduction to EuroLEAN+
Introduction to EuroLEAN+
The EuroLEAN+ partners introduce the EuroLEAN+ project.
“EuroLEAN+ is responsible for creating the future knowledge in customized lean through simultaneous engagement of academia and project-based industry”. EuroLEAN+ project allies with partners from Norway, Belgium, Netherlands and Germany
will create an open Customized Lean Knowledge Community that brings together
higher education students, academic staff and industrial manufacturing
companies to create, capture, reuse and disseminate the knowledge on Customized
- EuroLEAN+ Knowledge Base: A knowledge base of
case studies and best practices will be created that brings together the
knowledge that is currently scattered across the partners and their contacts
with many SMEs in various industries.
- Online Master Course Customised Lean: The
elements for master program will be created.
- Feasibility Study for a Joint Master Program:
EuroLEAN+ has the ambition of developing an Erasmus+ joint master program (JMP)
with the current partners.
EuroLEAN+ Presents: QRM Seminar
On 22nd of June, a seminar on Quick Response Manufacturing (QRM) organised by EuroLEAN+, was held at NTNU in Trondheim. Over 50 participants from Norwegian companies got the opportunity to learn about Lean in Customised Manufacturing.
- EuroLEAN+ will create an open Customized Lean Knowledge Community that brings together higher education students, academic staff and industrial manufacturing companies to create, capture, reuse and disseminate the knowledge on Customized Lean.
- Additional Material on Customized Lean
Additional Material on Customized Lean
Watch the following videos and look at the additional material below. Finish the topic by making the quiz to test if you understand everything.
- Lean (recap)
General introduction of Lean Manufacturing. We expect you to know everything that is listed below. You could decide by yourself if you need to study this material. Therefore, this part is optional for for participators of the course.
- The basics of System Thinking of processes
The basics of System Thinking of processes
- Assignment of the week: System drawings
Assignment of the week: System drawings
"explanation of the assignment of the week with additional literature (if necessary)"